Friday, January 6, 2012

The Countdown Begins!

It is January 6th, which means one thing....10 DAYS UNTIL LONDON! The program I am going through has begun to send a lot of emails as well as a pre-departure packet with itineraries, plane tickets and luggage tags, all the basics and essentials. It's finally really hit me that I'm leaving everything and everyone I know, bahhhhh!! Blacksburg, I'm going to miss you!!


I still can't imagine what it's going to be like missing almost four months in Blacksburg, away from my best friends in the whole wide world. I have to be honest that I get pretty sad thinking about not moving back into my room in the Alpha Delta Pi house, missing out on Formal Recruitment in the upcoming weeks, and everything that Spring Semester of junior year has to offer! Colleen, Ellee and Claybaybay, hold down the fort while Em, Mina and I are away! And little bebe Mick, get me a good g-baby....keep that "A" Fam tradition going ;)


Missing all of you already!!


And of course, you two crazy girls who have been my best friends since about the tenth day of college...MELINDA AND EMILY!! We haven't been separated this long since the summer after freshman year (and I do not like it one bit). No more Alpha Chi house dates with the three of us crammed into Melindy's XL Twin bed, watching the Kardashians on E! and eating pints of ice cream. Sooooo saddddd :( :( But no worries, because we will be having weekly skype dates so we can keep updated on each others lives (this is not an option so don't try to get out of it...). I know we will all have plentyyyy of stories to tell.

Perfect definition of our friendship

For anyone reading who doesn't know either of these two beauties, they are two of the greatest people I have ever known and I am so blessed to have them in my life. We are about as different as you can get, and yet we are, as Emily would sing to the tune of Alan from the Hangover, "the three best friends that anyone could have". There are so many stories to describe our friendship, but I still think one of my favorites is from freshman year, shopping for Emily's Halloween costume. The store owner was helping the three of us, as Melinda and I harassed Emily about her indecision, when he asked how long we all had been friends, and since we'd only known each other since August, we all answered about 2 months. His response was perfect, "Wow, you girls seem like you've known each other forever!". And trust me, that's how it feels. I can't imagine life without them. I love you girlies, as you well know, and I'm going to miss you like crazy!


Ok, I promise all my posts won't be this sappy, but I just needed to get it out of my system before I head out on my adventureeee! Stay tuned for my first post from LONDON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment